Last year we “shipped” over 500 copies of my book Go For Broker – An Executive’s Guide to Hiring a Broker for Today’s Complex Deal. The book is not expensive, but here are the cliffnotes for free.
- Real estate decisions can be complex, but simple processes and methods can add clarity and give the leaders responsible for the process confidence that they are meeting their objectives.
- How to construct a mental framework that allows you to make commercial real estate decisions based on sound information and experience.
- How to demand that your real estate service providers (and future landlord) align their interests with yours before you take a single step into the valley of the shadow of death (as I like to think of the current commercial real estate landscape).
- The key questions to ask that will ensure your broker performs proper due diligence.
- The Information Age has transformed commercial real estate — you need to know how to sort and assess the flood of information and use it to make decisions.
- How to escape the McProcess Trap that has ensnared so many mid-sized companies as commercial real estate leasing has been packaged as a commodity over the last 20 years.
- The Three Ps that allow Cardinal (and other well-run brokerages) to provide mid-sized businesses with a tailored real estate solution and representation that serves the client’s fiduciary interests: Professionals; Processes; and Performance Pay.
Those are the takeaways. Let me show you around the present-day commercial real estate landscape — and also point you to a better place.